How To Identify And Develop Emerging Talent In Your Company
From the book, Mastering the Challenges of Leading Change, comes this useful checklist from author H. James Dallas for how to identify and develop emerging talent in your company/organization.
Dallas recommends that each question should be graded on a scale of 1 to 3, with 3 being the best. Use the questions and the scoring for you and your employee to work together toward the highest ratings across the board.
- Has the person demonstrated a "getting lost with confidence" mind-set?
- Does the person communicate with authenticity?
- Has the person created a strong personal brand that is recognized by colleagues of all levels?
- Does the person know his or her blind spots and have people watching to prevent him or her from crashing?
- Is the person getting exposure to executive management?
- Does the person seek out and seriously consider advice?
- Is the person building an inclusive team and sponsoring others?
- Is the person proactive in finding opportunities to initiate and lead change?